Teaching School partnership is seeking to appoint highly effective Headteachers to the post of Local Leader of Education.
What a Local Leader of Education does
The majority of the work performed by a local leader of education is one-to-one support of another Headteacher.
Typical activities include:
- negotiating objectives for improvement
- coaching and mentoring the head teacher to develop skills, judgement and professional effectiveness
- supporting or arranging coaching all training for staff in the supported school
Each placement is negotiated separately with the relevant local authority, teaching school or other organisation.
Schools that are priority for support are those where:
- attainment is below the minimum standards
- the school is considered to be vulnerable
- a new, first-time headteacher has been appointed
Support was be focused on:
- school improvement
- the needs of the beneficiary organisation
Individual placements can vary by intensity and length but there must be an agreed endpoint.
How to apply
Please use the Application Pack and review the Application Process details provided in the sidebar of the page.